Allen W. Batschelet
CEO and Co-founder of Horizon Strategies
Al Batschelet co-founded Horizon Strategies, in September, 2016 with his long-time military colleague and friend, William Harmon. He currently serves as the company’s CEO, managing robust business development and operations across government, corporate, and defense sectors.
Al is a former Army Major General whose 35 years of service were devoted to solving complex national security challenges during peacetime and at war, while always focusing on developing and leading Soldiers and their Families with fervor. He brings this same passion for strategic planning, strategic partnering, and leadership and workforce development to the corporate sector with Horizon Strategies.
- U.S. Army Command and Staff College - Master of Military Art and Science, Security Policy and Strategy
- U.S. Army School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS) - Master of Military Art and Science, Military and Strategic Leadership
- U.S. Army War College - Master of Strategic Arts, Military and Strategic Leadership
- Iowa State University - Bachelor of Science, History and Political Science
- NATO Defense College - Certificate, General, Flag and Ambassador’s Course
- Army Force Management School - Certificate in Purchasing, Acquisitions and Contracts Management
- UNC at Chapel Hill-Kenan-Flagler Business School - Certificate, Executive Development